I love this time of the year, looking back on the past year and planning for the new one.
I lived through some major changes during this past year including the sale and move of my studio and that of our home. It was not an easy time even if it was exciting.
Through it all, the importance of family and friendships remained as my priority as we navigated through tough decisions and changes.
We are entering a new decade and huge advances in technology and social media have marked the past ten years and populations are finally aware that climate change is real.
As we are wondering what the next ten years has in store for us, we can improve the world by improving our own outlook and our health.
Here are ten things you can do today to improve your life:
- Get better sleep by moving your body, eating well and passing on alcohol, sugar and screen time before going to bed.
- Eat something good for you. Add more fruits and vegetables to your routine and pass on processed food.
- Spend some time outside. Even if winter is here, bundle up and go for a walk making sure your face is well protected from the cold.
- Take some time for yourself, one hour a day for reading something inspiring or relaxing. Be kind to yourself.
- Be kind to others, you don’t know what they have been through. Don’t assume anyone doesn’t need love and compassion, we all do.
- Be grateful for everything you have even if you think it is not much. Make a list of everything you could be grateful for and start appreciating.
- Be honest with yourself and others and allow yourself to be vulnerable. You are human and we are a vulnerable bunch.
- Let go of control, there is no need to control everything in our environment or other people. Free yourself from worry and become less rigid and more adaptive, more fluid.
- Learn something new this year, a new language, a new skill, you will be investing in your mental health, opening doors of the mind.
- Live in the present moment and embrace situations, letting go of expectations.
I hope this gives you a few ideas to start the New Year on the right foot!
Wishing one and all a New Year filled with love, hope, creativity and good health !
Follow me on Instagram