Back in September 2009, I published a short blog about believing in oneself. Here is an expanded version along with some ideas to welcome the New Year and the drawings for the forty-fourth week of daily sketching. These are all acrylics on cold pressed watercolour paper 140 lbs.
An unknown author once said: “Dare to fling out into the great cosmic mind greater assurance about yourself. Dare to have greater confidence. Dare to believe in yourself and in your mission. Have a grander ideal, a nobler aspiration.”
This is what we should all base our behaviour on. You must have faith in what you are trying to accomplish, to create or to get. Nothing or nobody can rob you of success but yourself.
Dare to love and appreciate yourself. Dare to believe in your abilities. You can learn anything. You can do anything you set your mind to.
Be happy today in the knowledge that you are alive and that each day can be miraculous. Be open to new possibilities, to life and to people around you.
Here are a few suggestions to help you Welcome 2021:
- Reflect on the past year, what changes occurred within you and in your life? Were these good or bad? What are you happy about? What would you change if you could?
- Get New focus What will you be focusing on during the next 12 months? Why? Decide how you will live your life in the year ahead and set your intention by writing it down.
- Learn to let go of what you cannot change and go with the flow. Accept that you can’t control everything while knowing that you can control who you want to be and how you react.
- Welcome all that life has to offer! New friends, new experiences, new possibilities. Be open to all that is coming to you and find the good in everything.
- Plan some projects It is important to have things to look forward to in your life. What would you like to accomplish? What steps can you take to get closer to your dreams?
- Spend time with family and friends when it is safe to do so, in the meantime, use technology to stay in touch. We are lucky to live in a technologically advanced time.
- Be hopeful Change being the only constant in this universe, remember that this too shall pass and something better is around the corner. Don’t despair.
Dare to believe in life even in these trying times and stay safe!
Follow me on Instagram